Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Areta Fingertip Pulse Oximeter (review)



Disclosure: I received the pulse oximeter for a very reduced price, for my honest review, good or bad. The opinions expressed are mine!


Hi everyone! Do you or a family member have asthma or COPD? Or are you a healthcare worker like me? I recently reviewed the Areta Fingertip Pulse Oximeter. It uses a graphing area above the pulse and the O2 saturation reading on the pulse oximeter! I used it at work one night so far, and on myself, my husband, and my son to check our saturation levels. All were within normal limits for the people it was used on. I plan to use it at work, when I am checking oxygen saturation levels on those who are short of breath, those who have pneumonia and I need to know how they are perfusing, and the list goes on.

It is handy to use and so easy to carry. It can be hung by the lanyard around the neck, on a belt around the waist (The carrier it comes in can secure via a belt.), or be put in a pocket. Me--- I prefer not to wear anything around the neck, I've almost choked in the past from residents who were confused pulling on things hing around my neck.  I like the canvas type of material that the pulse oximeter can be stored it, it's quite sturdy! It runs on 2 AAA batteries, and they are able to be replaced by removing the small panel the bottom of the oximeter.  It works well and I was quiet pleased with it. The only thing that I haven checked with it is a nail with red nail polish on it! Those tend to be the hardest for a pulse oximeter to read through!  All in all, I was really impressed by this pulse oximeter, and  I would have gladly paid full price for it!
 For more information, go to Area Fingertip Pulse Oximeter   !



Post a Comment