Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

An update!

Hi! Just a quick note to let you all know that we've not been feeling well in our household in the past 1.5 weeks. Steven started late MLK day with vomiting really late that night. I took him to urgent care the next day, and he was running a fever by then. He had a few other symptoms that I can't remember, and he was tested for the flu. It was negative. He got diagnosed with food poisoning/the GI bug, and ended up on Zofran and an antibiotic. He had cooked his fish the night before, and he might not have cooked it long enough or something. He was out sick from school from Tuesday until Friday morning.
Saturday night I wasn't feeling great and by Sunday I felt like death warmed over. Sunday night, I started running low grade temps ranging from 100.7 and above.  Monday, I drove myself to the urgent care since there was no way on earth I was driving 20+ miles to the clinic in our doctors' group building in Melbourne! I probably would have passed out driving down there if I had! I tested positive for Influenza A, and got put on Tamiflu. Last evening, Steve started feeling crappy, and he went to bed extremely early for him, like 7pm. Today, he went into work and came home early, after he stopped by urgent care. Negative for flu, but had ear and sinus infections and was running a fever over 101.  And, on top of it all, Steven's back pain was flaring and he ended up staying home from school today.  I am a bit behind on posting again, due to feeling not well. Not good! The last few times that I had the flu, I had residual effects for weeks, but I didn't get Tamiflu either. The coughing and aches are what's getting me, along with the chest tightness.  I'll close this for now. Night!
Post a Comment