Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nutritional Yeast Superfood (review)

Disclosure: I was given free product in order to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed are my own!

Have you ever tried Nutritional Yeast? Sari Foods Company has a 100% natural and non-fortified nutritional yeast in a flake form. What can I tell you about besides it being 100% natural? It tastes like cheese on popcorn, and I'm serious! Yum! It is gluten-free, dairy-free,  Kosher, vegan, non-GMO, and it has NO MSG! It is considered an a Egyptian Superfood. It is also LOW in sodium, and that made me happy due to high blood pressure. (Plus, I'm not crazy about product that are high in sodium! ) A serving which is 2 heaping tablespoons contains the following: 61.6 calories, total fat is 0.8 grams (sat fat is 0.24 grams), Sodium is 4.8 mg, Potassium is 352 mg, Total carbs is 5.28 grams (another thing that made me happy!), dietary fiber was 3.52grams, and Protein as 8.32 grams. It contains 15 minerals, 50% protein, a natural vitamin B-complex and beta-glucans (they are known for their extreme immune enhancing properties!).

I don't know how else to explain how good the nutritional yeast is for you, other than giving you some points from their packaging:  1) It can help fight aging,  promote cellular repair, and guard against free radicals.   2) Curb your appetite, helping to promote a natural and healthy weight loss.
3) Improve your sleep, it can help to reduce insomnia, depression, and ongoing fatigue! That point stuck with me, because I have sleep issues and ongoing fatigue due to the fibromyalgia.

I can tell you that I'm happy with the taste of it, and that I enjoy it on popcorn! I haven't sprinkled it on anything else yet, but plan to!! I'm pretty sure that if you like foods that taste like cheese, you will enjoy it! For more information, here's the link: Nutritional Yeast





Post a Comment