Pages

Friday, May 1, 2015

E-book written by Jonathan Vine : Clean Food Diet (review)

Disclosure: I was given a free e-book in order to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed are my own.
 
Are you familiar with clean food? I'm not talking about food that has been washed. Clean food is food that has not been processed. Instead of having something like a blueberry muffin, just have some blueberries. With the clean food diet, you are going back to what I call the basics, that is, not eating anything processed! The food that you are eating with the clean food diet is pretty much using the vegetables or fruits and making your meals from them. For example, gazpacho soup, or making cookies from banana and oatmeal---nothing else added. Some other examples include farm range eggs, dairy products that are hormone-free, and agave or honey--using sparingly. Kick those sodas and carbonated beverages out of your house! Jonathan Vine, the author, recommends drinking 2 liters of water a day.

When you are cooking the clean food way, no frying is allowed. You can, however use small amounts of oil, and he mentions steaming and stewing, along with cooking on low heat.  For an appetizer, I like the tomato and cheese skewers. You make it from cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil, salt and pepper, olive oil and the use of skewers. So basic and so clean! You can pick from about 50 recipes from Jonathan's book, for soups, entrees, mini spinach pizza, salads, tofu meals, to name a few. I don't have any pictures yet, due to my husband making other foods for dinner lately. However, during a day or two off one of these days, son and I will make something from this cookbook! I do recommend it, if you are trying to eat healthier! For more information on Clean Food Diet, go to Clean Food Diet by Jonathan Vine .




Post a Comment