Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Abigail And The Jungle Adventure (E-Book Review: Children's)

Yes, I'm reviewing children's books! Some of my favorite books are children's, which I've saved for my future grandchildren(no, I'm not rushing my 15 year old son!) or nieces (I have a wee niece in MD whom I've never met yet!) someday. Those books are the soft cover or hardbound books, and others will be e-books on my Kindle App or my iPad! The book that I'm talking with you about in the  review today happens to be an e-book! I'm going to tell you ahead of time that I enjoyed Abigail's adventure! This book is for preschoolers learning to read, and for a self-read book for beginners readers children, for ages 2 to 8!

Abigail's staying at her grandparents' house during Christmas, while her parents are away on a business trip. She loves their house. Grandpa had a hobby of making some quite interesting machines which could do all sorts of things. Abigail went up to the attic one day while she was wandering around the house. The attic was dark but mysterious, and she turned raw light on, and removed the cover off of an object! Guess what? It was a shiny red bike with a mysterious book in the basket! (That's when Barb says, "Way Cool"!) Of Course, Abigail was an adventurous sort of young lady, and  she looked inside the book! Inside the book were pictures from around the world! 
Taking a few sentences from the book, a page read, "Dear Adventurer, the book and bike before you are magical. Just think of the place you want to visit and repeat the following sentences three times: "Take me there, let me see, Show me where I want to be!" 

The next thing that you know, she's in the Amazon Jungle and she starts to meet animals there and then a boy named Nuka! I don't want to give anymore of the book away, so you can check it out at Amazon Kindle e-book or at Amazon.com Paperback book. The book is written by Tali Carmi and illustrated by Mindy Liang. 






I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Post a Comment