Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

SleepIQ Technology (Review)

Disclosure: I was given information from Sleep Number in order to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed in this blog post are my own. I have been compensated with a free sample of the product.


Back in the day, when you were younger, did you ever think that you would know how you slept the night before from a bed? I know that I definitely did not! I just went to bed and hopefully slept comfortable on my inner spring mattress. Times have definitely changed, and I have become older.  I am becoming more concerned about my sleeping habits, especially since I have fibromyalgia and insomnia, along with bodily aches and pains! I was given the opportunity to do a SleepIQ mission for Smiley 360, and I was glad to oblige!

I went to my local Sleep Number store last Saturday morning for my SleepIQ mission, after a not-so good night of sleep on Friday night. Richard, the manager of the Sleep Number store, gave me information about Sleep Number beds to start off the mission. I started off by trying a c2 bed and learning about my sleep number which ended up being a 30. 100 is the firmest, by the way! I moved over the store to a p5, and finally to the x12.  At the x12 bed, I learned about the SleepIQ.

Let me tell you about SleepIQ! SleepIQ is quite easy to use. There are sensors in the bed that work directly with the DualAir technology. You do not turn anything on for the SleepIQ to work. (By the way, it is a  one-time purchase with the bed.) What makes up my SleepIQ score, you ask? Your SleepIQ score is made up of your individual quality and length of sleep, consisting of restful time in  bed, average heart and breathing rates, motion and bed exits (Barb's comment: how cool is that? It monitors every time you get up to pee or get a drink of water during the night!). All of those things combined help it to give you your SleepIQ score, information you can use to help you sleep better!
Your sleep goal is the number of hours that you'd prefer to sleep on a nightly basis to feel your best. For the heart rate and the breathing, you can discuss your results with your physician.

How can you get your SleepIQ from the bed? Well, guess what! You can access your SleepIQ information via the Web, iOS app, and Sleep Number remote. I love apps, so I would be inclined to look at my data from my iPad or my iPhone, and also from my Mac. You need Wifi in your room for the SleepIQ system to be connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi. The SleepIQ doesn't have to be on all of the time, but when it's not on, it cannot collect data from you.

All-in-all, I really enjoyed my learning experience, and it helped me a lot! I would love to get one of their beds with the SleepIQ!

For more information: SleepIQ






This was the bed that I was shown the SleepIQ with, though you can get it with any Sleep Number bed.


Post a Comment