Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams, RIP(1951-2014)

Disclosure: there is not anything to disclose on this post.


Robin McLaurin Williams, one of my favorite actors, passed away yesterday. I did not find out until last night when I was on Instagram, and saw Rosemary from NYC, Style and a little Cannoli had posted something about Robin Williams RIP. I hadn't heard or read anything prior to that since I sleep during the daytime. I was a bit surprised, so I did a search on the Net on my iPhone about Robin. Yes, it was true, and I was a bit numb. (The 11th was not only two of my friends' birthdays, but also the anniversary of my mother's death in '98. I had forgot about it being the anniversary of it yesterday until I read about Robin.).

He was 63, and in the grand scheme of things, he wasn't too old. I guess that when I was younger, anyone 11or more years older than me was old! I can remember watching him on "Mork and Mindy" when he was on it with Pam Dawber. He was hilarious in "Mrs. Doubtfire". I know that he was in several other movies, but the one that stands out in particular for me today is "Good Morning, Vietnam". I sat down after I got home from work this morning, and got the blu-ray out and watched the whole movie. Believe it or not, I hadn't seen the movie in its entirety until this morning! It was a very good movie, and I suggest you watch it, unless the language in it bothers you.

I won't forget the narration from "Dead Poet's Society" which is used in the Apple iPad commercial. I heard the commercial or the news running last night at work, one of my residents near the nurses' station had her tv on all night long. Don't forget that he was in the show with Sarah Michelle Gellar (?) last year. I watched the whole season of it.

He was one of Hollywood's Boomer Bad Boys, partying with SNL's John Belushi back in the day. (I think that I had forgot about that!) He was accused of spreading herpes back in the 80's to a nanny. He's been married 3 times, and had been married to wife #3 since 2011. He leaves 3 children (two sons and one daughter).  Regardless of what he did in his life and how it ended, he will be missed.
Post a Comment