Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pine Bros Softish Throat Drops Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


When you try throat drops do you want them to be tasting like medicine, or do you prefer something more palatable? If I'm given the choice, I'd prefer the more palatable throat drops! Well, Pine Bros Softish Throat drops fit the bill for what I want! I received Natural Honey and Wild Cherry. They also come in Black Licorice.  The information that I'm going to share with you starts with the Pine Bros  Softish Throat Drops history, which is really amazing!

This container is called a puck.



 Their history started back in 1870 in Philadelphia when Herman Pine and his brother began to sell their first bath of 'Pine Brothers Glycerine Tablets'. (Mr Pine had been a confectionery maker back in Germany.) In the process of trying to relief his own sore throat and those of his family members, he found that combining the soothing natural qualities of glycerin and the healing properties of gum acacia, he could soothe and lessen the effects of a mild sore throat. He didn't think that he'd make much money from it at the time. The recipe hasn't changed much since it was sold to the public more than 140 years ago! In the 1930's Pine Brothers was sold to the Life Savers Company. They continued to sell. The biggest sales were in the east and northern states where they had the very cold winters. They reached their peak in popularity in the 1970's. Life Savers sold them, and they were sold and bought a few more times. Changes were made to the recipe by others for cost-cutting purposes. At some point, Pine Brothers began to be made overseas and the sales declined. Not too long ago, Victoria Knight-McDowell, the creator and former owner of Airborne, acquired Pine Brothers for her new company 3 Sisters Home Products. Time was spent locating the old recipes, creating a new look, and redesigning the packaging. In the fall of 2011 Pine Brothers was launched nationally, and it was being made in America again!

Our son and I tried the two flavors that I received, and son preferred the Wild Cherry over the Natural Honey. I happen to like both!  They were soothing to our scratchy and somewhat dry throats! I carry one of the pucks in my purse (it's the round container that the lid screws on) and will refill it with some from one of the bags soon! They can be bought online and in stores nationwide, such as CVS, Rite-Aid, Kroger, to name a few. Try them the next time you have a sore throat.

To find out more information: Pine Brothers
Pine Brothers Facebook Page

Pine Bros on Twitter

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Post a Comment