Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bravo's "Southern Charm" (Review)

Disclosure: No compensation was received. I'm posting this review of Southern Charm as a member of Sverve, and was given information from Bravo about the show.

Have you heard of the relatively new reality show on Bravo called "Southern Charm"? It takes place in Charleston, South Carolina, and it drips southern hospitality! It's on Monday nights from 10pm EST to 11pm EST. I watched it last night for the first time, and was tweeting about it with Sverve. I also dvr'd it to get the chance to watch it without others commenting during it, and I watched it again this morning. Today I was able to give my full attention to it and give it a fair review. (If I had based my review on the little bit that I was able to catch while tweeting, it wouldn't have been fair. )

There are 6 main characters in this show, and they are Thomas Ravenel, Craig Conover, Cameran Eubanks, Shepard "Shep" Rose, Whitney Sudler-Smith,  and Jenna King. Some of them left South Carolina, and came back after being successful or not, and one had a criminal history, Thomas. Anyhow... to talk about last night's episode. Thomas, also know as T-Rav, is 48 years old, and he's dating Kathryn, who's 21. She's old enough to be his daughter! They might be a great couple , if she would become a bit more mature. Thomas definitely needs to teach Kathryn how to make coffee!
The rest aren't super crazy about Kathryn due to her age, and due to that there was a pregnancy scare. Her mother wasn't worried about it, she just told her to take prenatal vitamins if she planned to get pregnant by Thomas! Some of the gang thought that Thomas' political career could be affected by Kathryn. The one character who I really didn't like was Whitney, I felt that he was a rich boy who didn't want to grow up, definitely the Peter Pan Syndrome! However, I did like the new home that Cameran was trying to sell him, very open spaces! I did feel that they all were quite cliquey!

I loved the aerial views of Charleston, and when the crew went out to the woods to go hunting. Would I watch it again? Yes, and I need to go back and catch up on the older episodes!


Post a Comment