Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Think Pink With SKIL Tools (Review)

Disclosure: I received a SKIL Power Tool and information from SKIL Marketing in order to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed are my own.

 Some information for you all... This year SKIL Tools is continuing its fight against breast cancer with a $100,000  donation to Komen* in 2013. This makes the second year that SKIL has supported breast cancer awareness. By the end of 2013, SKIL donations to the cause will total nearly $250,000.
(Barb's note here: wow!!) "We're honored to continue supporting efforts to end breast cancer by extending our partnership with the Komen organization," said Monica Stankiewicz, Associate Marketing Manager of SKIL Tools. "Our pink iXO tool is a constant reminder of the importance of finding a cure for this disease and makes a great gift year-round." Before Mother's day, SKIL came out with a new 33-piece driver bit set, which complements the SKIL pink iXO Palm-Sized Screwdriver. The bit set is sold separately from the screwdriver, and it includes a 1/4" hex shank magnetic bit holder and 32 different bits used for a variety of applications. The tool accessories are accented by a pink storage case.   *Consumer action will not result in an additional donation to Komen.





The SKIL 33 piece driver bit set is available at Lowes and on Amazon.com with an ARP of $7.99 (USD) . The pink SKIL iXO Palm-Sized Screwdriver kit include a 4V max cordless screwdriver, 5 piece bit set and charger, and is available online and in select stores nationwide with a suggested retail price of $29.99 (USD). For more information on the pink SKIL iXO tool and other kits, please visit
SKILiXO and SKIL pink.

 I received my SKIL pink iXO Palm-Sized Screwdriver on my first day of medical leave from work, the day before surgery. I haven't worked on anything major around the house, due to my back surgery, but chose to show you all at least one thing that I've used my screwdriver for so far!  I've used it in the bathroom, tightening and loosening the screw in the faucet handle in the master shower (I think that's what it is called!).



Tightening the screws!





Securing the faucet!



Next venture will be for my husband to show me how to change out the switch plates for the light fixtures in the master bath, so that I can use the screwdriver.  I really like how it fits in my hand, and it's so easy to use! The button near my finger on the left side of the screwdriver is the forward/reverse button. Unfortunately, in the pictures that I took with my iPhone with my left hand, you cannot see the lighting on the handle arrows. I highly recommend this SKIL Tool!!
Post a Comment