Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Running With Stilettos (Living a Balanced Life in Dangerous Shoes) by Mary T. Wagner (Review)

Disclosure: I received a copy of the book in order to facilitate my review and the opinions expressed are my own!
Running With Stilettos is a non-fiction book about 175 pages long, written by Mary T. Wagner. She started out as a journalism student,  then went into becoming a wife, mother, and newspaper reporter. Further down the road, she went to law school and became a prosecutor. One high-stress day, she went to the mall and ended up buying "a drop-dead dangerous pair of faux brown alligator sling-back heels with three-inch ice pick spikes".  Many pairs of of shoes later, she still takes chances!








Running With Stilettos is an awesome book! (Yes, I did say that at the beginning of this post! Though I spent a month back and forth between reading and having to put the book down due to the back surgery, I really wanted to concentrate on reading it and to not have pain meds affect my reading!) I really like it when I pick up a book and start to read it, feeling like I can totally relate to, or if not, darn close!! The Stilettos --- those shoes are mentioned in the first chapter, and she was very descriptive about them. Mary has a very vivid and descriptive way of wording her stories, each and everyone of them through the book. We go through seasons of change with her, day trips fishing with a son, a daughter going through her room before getting married, and a trip to Germany with her father to see his family.  We get to learn about her horses, and the injury that she received from riding her horse.  The chapter where she fixes her fence is a learning experience, finding out what tools and supplies she needed.   The chances and the learning experiences that she has fill the book with lovely stories that you can enjoy!
 Do I recommend it? Of course!!
Post a Comment