Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Rod Stewart's TIME Released Recently! (Review)

 Disclosure: I was given a free CD via One2One Network in order to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed were my own!

Rod Stewart's "Time" was recently released on May 7th, and it marked Rod's return to his song-writing roots and his first album of new material in almost 20 years! "Time" was released by Capital Records and it has 12 tracks--- 11 of which Rod wrote and produced.   (Barb's note here: I heard "She Makes Me Happy" when I was at work last night! I smiled! I love his music!) You can watch a video on a montage of 7 of his original new songs which were filmed during the making of the album:
Rod on YouTube and at Rod Stewart. It's a great montage of the songs, and I'm sure that you'll enjoy it, too!   "She makes Me Happy" was the first song to be released on March 19th, followed by "Finest Woman"on April 8th. Presales of his new album started with digital retailers on April 8th.  Billboard proclaimed "Stewart rocks again."(Love it!)







His song-writing skills returned during the time that he was writing his autobiography "Rod". He was able to write about 7 to 8 of the songs pretty quickly. Said Stewart," Something about that process of reviewing my life for the book reconnected me and that was it: I was away. Suddenly ideas for lyrics were piling up in my head. Next thing I knew, I had a song called 'It's Over' about divorce and separation. And now I was getting up in the middle of the night and scrambling for a pen to write things down, which has never happened to me. I finished seven or eight songs very quickly and I still wasn't done and it became apparent that I would eventually have a whole album of material to record, which had never happened before."
"TIME" track listing:
1. She Makes Me Happy
2. Can't Stop Me Now
3. It's Over
4. Brighton Beach
5. Beautiful Morning
6. Live The Life
7. Finest Woman
8. Time
9. Picture In A Frame
10. Sexual Religion
11. Make Love To Me Tonight
12. Pure Love

"Time" iTunes Deluxe Edition (Bonus Tracks)
1. Love Has No Pride
2. Corina Corina
3. Legless





Rod Stewart is set to go on the European leg of his Live the Life tour on June 1st, while American date with Steve Winwood will begin on October 17th.

You can purchase the new album at your local stores, and online with Amazon.com and iTunes.  I really enjoyed listening to "Time, it felt like I was listening to an old friend! The songs will get you tapping your fingers on the steering wheel and singing along, that is, if your are listening to him in your car! My favorites are" Can't Stop Me Now", Beautiful Morning", and  "Sexual Religion".








Post a Comment