Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Nuturing the Soul of Your Family-- 10 Ways to Reconnect and Find Peace in Everyday Life by Renee Peterson Trudeau (Review)

Disclosure: I was given a copy of Renee Trudeau's book to read and to review, and the opinions expressed were my own!

I have been blessed with reading several great books this year, and they have been ones where I totally felt like I was there nodding "yes, I can relate to that!" Sometimes, I wasn't sure if it was because I was a bit older than her and had been through similar circumstances that she had in my own family, or it was because I was a parent, too! And it didn't matter what faith I was, as I read the book, because I could  apply what I read to circumstances in my life with my husband and son. I was eager to learn more and found each chapter to be a learning experience! Most of the time that I was spending reading her book was spent in doctor's offices for a few weeks, and many of my "aha" moments occurred there, too.

Here are a few things that you will learn as you read Renee's book:
 * find your center and move through chaos and uncertainty with renewed strength and ease

* live every day aligned with your values and what matters most

* slow down, tap the wisdom of your wise self, and know what's best for you and your family

* release old habits, fears, and anxieties as you explore a new way of being

* access more joy by living in the present moment (the best antidote to stress!)

*experience more freedom and unscheduled time

Some sections that I found interesting where when she encouraged one to cultivate curiosity and to listen without judgement, and sometimes those are two areas that are hard for me. Her book is definitely  a think and talk about things book, and in turn, you do find ways of reconnecting with yourself and others within your family. She helps us in the book with providing tools which we can use to learn from. With me, I am an on-going project, and there is always room for change (and I will say the same for my son and my husband!

Have I said that I recommend the book? I'm saying it right now, that it's definitely on my list of "I highly recommend it!"! Sometime during the summer, I'm aiming to re-read it!

I have some links for you to check out for more information!



Renee on Facebook   

Renee on twitter

And if you want to purchase her book, you can purchase it at  Amazon.com .







Post a Comment