Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill Review

My family's favorite place to go these days is Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill. We happen to have one in Brevard County, and it's in Melbourne, FL not too far from the Melbourne Square Mall. When I read that they were coming out with a limited time only cheesy menu (it started early March), I knew that we had to get over to Smokey Bones to try it! We met Bob, the manager, and Zachary was our waiter that night.



I started off ordering unsweet iced tea. I had planned to order from their new beverage book which came out in December, but I had taken a pain pill that afternoon! Bummer, because they had some awesome sounding drinks, such as the Blood Orange Passion Rita, Fresh Diamond Rita, and the 
Smokin' Cucumber Mary! I eyed the Magic Hat #9!  I can't quite remember if Steve's Patron Perfection was on the new drinks. Son had the Cherry Coke. My guys wanted the Pretzel Bones, their usual appetizer, and I ordered the Italian Cheese Bites from the cheesy menu! The Cheese Bites came with tomato and ranch dipping sauces, and my favorite was the ranch---believe it or not! It was a perfect amount for an appetizer! We were in a booth around the perimeter of the bar area, and my guys were watching the sports on one of the many TVs! Zachary was busy checking with us for tea and soda refills. 



Pretzel Bones

Cheesy Bites


I continued with the Cheesy menu for my entree by ordering a Smoked Brisket Cheesesteak Melt.  How can you go wrong with that? As the description above says,"Shaved smoked beef brisket
with sauteed onions, peppers and melted provolone on a toasted hoagie bun. Served with a regular side." I also ordered The Big Mac & Cheese for my side. I was impressed when my meal came to the table! Yummy, was what I thought when I took my first bite out of the Cheesesteak! No sauce or anything else was needed for it, very flavorful!! Tender meat, too! The onions weren't that strong, either! The Big Mac and Cheese wasn't too garlicky tasting, and it was really creamy! Steve ordered the SW Scorcher Angus Burger with Peppered Bacon and Loaded Mashed potatoes. Steven had his usual, he's such a kid of habit, he ordered the Asiago Penne with Grilled Chicken.  We ended the meal with Steve having a cup of coffee and I ordered the Cheesecake Bites for dessert! The Cheesecakes Bites were bites of cheesecake thrown in graham cracker and fried to a golden crisp, and they were served with a raspberry sauce! I really liked them, since I love cheesecake. Steve thought that they were okay, and Steven didn't try them since he's not a cheesecake fan.
My Cheesesteak

Steven's Asiago Penne

Steve's burger

my Big Mac & Cheese

Cheesecake Bites


All in all, we did have a great meal, and we enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant! Will we go back again? I hope we will before the end of  the Cheesy menu!  Do I recommend Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill ---not just the Melbourne, FL one, but any of the Smokey Bones? Yes, definitely, and it is family friendly! 

Disclosure: I received information regarding the new Cheesy Menu and a discount on our meal from Smokey Bones bar and Fire Grill. The opinions expressed were mine and my family's. Honesty is everything!




Post a Comment