Okay, I'm going to share some information about the CD and the singer with you! On "Sentimental Journey", the multi-talented actress and singer brings her stellar voice to songs popularized by some of the most beloved artists of the last century. Emmy's 12-song "passion project" is an emotional musical journey, with each song representing a month in the year! "Each song needed to either lyrically or emotionally reflect the corresponding month," Emmy explained. " Some songs were obvious fits, like "Summer Wind " for June, and "Pretty Paper" for December. Other songs were less literal fits. I chose "Nobody Knows You(When You're Down and Out)" for September because , to me, the plaintive melody and lyric emotionally reflect the cold weather creeping in and the sense of melancholy we can get in the fall months." And really important to know--- Rossum is also an acclaimed actress who currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless with William H. Macy. She also stars alongside Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th. (Barb's Note: I keep seeing the commercials for Beautiful Creatures, and Had no idea that she was in that movie. Neat!!)
Some TV Appearances : Emmy did perform a track from Sentimental Journey on Access Hollywood Live on January 25th. Emmy also appeared as a guest on Conan on January 28th, Chelsea Lately on January 29th, and will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th.
If you would like to check out her music, go and listen to "These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)" Music Video . Emmy's also on Twitter!
You can buy her album on iTunes and on Amazon.
Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
1. "Sentimental Journey" (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
2. " The Object Of My Affection" (Pinky Tomlin)
3." I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover" (Mort Dixon, harry M. Woods)
4. "These Foolish Things remind Me Of You" (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
5. (I'll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time" (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
6. "Summer Wind" (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
7. "Many Years Ago" (Winfield Scott)
8. " All I Do Is Dream Of You" (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
9. "Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out" (Jimmy Cox)
10. " Autumn Leaves" (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prevert)
11. "Things" (Bobby Darin)
12. "Pretty Paper" (Willie Nelson)
Disclosure : I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions expressed are my own.