Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Kylie Minogue "The Abbey Road Sessions" (Review)

I really enjoy reviewing music, and I couldn't have been more blessed than to be given the opportunity to review Kylie Minogue's latest album, The AbbeyRoad Sessions! The Abbey Road Sessions album features 16 tracks, all radically reworked, and they span Kylie's incredible 25 year career. It was recorded in London's legendary Abbey Road Studios with Kylie's band and a full orchestra. The album features many of Kylie's best-known hits ad previously unreleased tracks. Over all 16 tracks, one thing becomes clear---stripped of her high-end pop production, the emotional resonance of Kylie's songs has never been clearer, and her voice has never sounded better! WOW! She's celebrating her 25th anniversary, K25, in music, all throughout this year. She has had an extraordinary career so far, with 60 million global album sales, multiple hit singles, global tours, and industry accolades, all of which has permanently cemented her place in music history as a bona fide superstar!



Kylie's a breast cancer survivor, and she donates her time to the American cancer Society, as well as amFar for AIDS research. Kylie's latest single "Flower" is a song she wrote several years ago following her battle with breast cancer, to the child she wishes she might one day still have.

Kylie's going to be appearing on Dancing With The Stars tonight (November 13th) and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on November 14th to perform "The Locomotion".

The Abbey Road Session Track Listing:
1) All The Lovers
2) On A Night Like This
3) Better The Devil You Know
4) Hand On Your Heart
5) I Believe In You
6) Come Into My World
7) Finer Feelings  
8) Confide In Me
9) Slow
10) The Locomotion
11) Can't Get You Out Of My Head
12) Where The Wild Roses Grow
13) Flower
14) I Should Be So Lucky
15) Love At First Sight
16) Never Too Late





"Flower" Music video


Kylie's Album sampler Streaming on YouTube


Kylie on Twitter

Kylie on Facebook

 Links To Buy Kylie's Album:

iTunes to link to her album

Amazon (Deluxe)


Amazon (Standard)




My take on her new album... I've never heard her music before my opportunity to review her album! (I've only seen her on British TV on "Vicar Of Dibley" and when she was on "Dr. Who" with David Tennant.) I loved her rendition of "The Locomotion", a 70's song, and "On A Night Like This"---those were my favorites! But, I did like ALL of her songs, and really enjoyed hearing the orchestra playing along with her singing! She seriously has a beautiful voice, and I plan to listen to her music alot from now on! "Flower" ---loved it, and I hope that she's able to have a child someday!


Disclosure: I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review, BY posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own!








(Barb's comment: I've seen her on two shows "Vicar of Dibley" and "Doctor Who"---when David Tennant was the 10th doctor! I was not familiar with her music, and that helped me to write a fair review! )
Post a Comment