Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Influenster Beauty Bloggers VoxBox 2012 Review

I love, love getting the chance to review a VoxBox for Influenster, and this time it was a beauty box! I've been dibbling and dabbling in different cosmetics and beauty products more so since I turned 45 a few years ago. There will be pictures (tons!) in this review!





NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact: $4.99.  I was sent the "Dark Shadows" compact! I love the name of it since I'm a big fan of the original "Dark Shadows". It had varying shades of grey in it. It came with a primer, and I was really impressed with it! I have another brand of shadow primer here at home, and I love it, but I really liked the way that NYC NewYork Color included one in the set. Also included in the set was  an applicator, an illuminator (nice!), highlighter, an all over the lid, and not one but two crease/contour colors.  I really liked the colors in this set! When I wore it to work one night, my friends were telling me that it looked like it was blue, not grey, on my eyes. Maybe I didn't put enough on, but I could tell that it was grey! Thumbs up from me!





Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit: $5.99   This eyelash starter kit included eyelashes, adhesive, and an applicator! The latex-free glue has a 24-hour hold. I've never worn eyelashes prior to receiving the beauty box, and this was definitely a learning experience for me, trying to put them on, without wearing them on a different part of my face! HA! They are made of human hair, which was neat. It took me two different days to finally get them on semi-correctly---the pictures show the second day's attempt! I haven't decided if they're me or not yet. Curious what you all think about the pics!






Bath and Body Works Mini Candles: $3.50   Mini-but mighty!! Their mini candles provide an amazing fragrance experience exclusively developed and tested by a team of Home Fragrance experts, including the world's best master perfumers. I received the Pumpkin Cupcake mini candle, and it smelled so delicious that I wanted to eat it. Seriously, though, it had an awesome smell to it! We aren't big on candles here in my household, due to our birds, but I plan to burn it on occasion when I take a bath in the master bathroom.




EBOOST: $28 for box of 20 effervescent powders, $39 for box of 30 effervescent powders, $39 for box of 12 shots. EBOOST will boost your mood, focus, and immunity with natural ingredients and no crash. As a shot of easy-to-mix powder and in four flavors, you'll feel great whether you choose Orange, Pink Lemonade, Acai Pomegranate, or Super Berry.  I received the Orange Flavor, and it tasted great. I wasn't feeling well when I drank it, and it definitely boosted my mood!! I forgot to take a picture of the drink, it was when I was sick. :O(   The Super Berry sounds like it would be yummy, too!



Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin: $7.29   Never have the time for a great updo? Not anymore! The Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin allows you to easily achieve three chic updo styles, Simply twirl your hair up and spin the two Spin Pins in for a perfect undone bun, side bun or double bun! I thought that my hair was long enough to use the spin pins, but when it came down to using them, I didn't have enough hair to use them on. :O(  I was truly bummed, because I know that it would be super easy to use them! I will be attempting to use them again, when my hair gets a bit longer! Thumbs up!




Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream: $6 for full sized 4-oz bottle. Kinky Moves is infused with natural grape seed & jasmine to encourage natural curls and eliminate frizz and fly-aways. I loved the fragrance to it!  I love how my hair turn out after blow drying! These pictures were taken this morning, after a night at work, two pictures ---one from the front and one of the back of my head ! It definitely encouraged my natural curves. Thumbs up!









 Boots No. 7 Beautiful Skin: Keep your skin looking and feeling beautiful with Boots No. 7 Beautiful Skin hypo-allergenic system. Try this new and easy to use two-step range of everyday skincare cleansers and moisturizers , tailored to your specific skin type eliminating the need for toners. I received the Cleansing Balm for Dry/Very Dry skin and the Night Cream for Dry/Very Dry. Honest opinion: Fragrance to both was nice, and that's a plus for me! (I will admit to being a Cetaphil cleansing bar or cleansing liquid user.) With the Cleansing Balm, you use just a small amount over your skin and you can either wipe it off or wash it away with warm water. Me--- well, I washed it away with cool water, and it didn't make my skin feel tight or yucky afterwards. My skin felt soft and clean!  I tend use Simple  light lotion on my face before going to work at night, since I've got that 50 year old skin which needs moisture these days! (I seriously thought that I'd never have dry skin, but I guess that it's that way from now on!) The Night Cream was great, I've worn it to bed and a few times to work, it didn't feel heavy on my skin at all! I was impressed that my skin didn't feel greasy with it! I will be definitely looking for it on the market or on their website!


Disclosure: I'm a member of Influenster, and I received the voxbox of goodies in order to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed are my own!


Post a Comment