Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strep Throat

Steven started complaining of a sore throat on Sunday night and then again on Monday morning. I sent him to school on Monday, with cold med in his system. Yesterday morning, he was not his usual self and was a little lethargic. His throat was hurting and he sounded more congested. We're constantly reminding him to irrigate his sinuses, and being the typical teen, doesn't listen! After breakfast yesterday, I called and got him scheduled for an sick kid appointment.  I also called one of my friends who I work with, Sally, and got her to cover my shift for last night. I knew that I'd be beat after trying to get him to the appointment, so I'm glad that Sally said yes.  Lora, our favorite M.A. was working and she had the joyful job of swabbing his throat. Steven ended up being diagnosed with strep throat after his pediatrician saw him. I think that he had the early stages of a sinus infection, too. Augmentin twice a day for 10 days.  I took him to Subway on the way home for lunch, and I was surprised to find out that they had salads on their menu. He spent the afternoon working on his science project and watching The Shining with me. I encouraged fluids yesterday.

I almost forgot to call his school this morning to call him in sick, lucky I did it before school started today.
He's still not up to par, sounding really stuffy. At least by the time that he goes back to school tomorrow, he will have two days' worth of antibiotic on board. This morning, he was building with his Legos, and I took some pictures.




I think that the usual theme for his building has been semi-Star War inspired! This isn't a wordless Wednesday, but an update on our family!


Post a Comment