Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Skin Map by Stephen R. LawHead (Audio Review)

This was my first time to do an audio book review. The Skin Map, by Stephen R. Lawhead was a very interesting listen! It was read by Simon Bubb, and this man was able to create a voice for every man and woman character he had to speak for! I had never read any of Stephen's books before, so I thought that I'd give the audio version a try.  The story involves ley lines, skin maps, and the ability to travel the multi-layered universe of which we are living in only a part of.
 Kit Livingstone, the main character, is running behind one day, trying to get over to see his girlfriend Wilhemina. He runs into his great-grandfather Kosmos in a deserted alley, and the next thing he knows, he's in a different England! He gets out, and goes to Wilhemina's. He tries to convince her of what happened that kept him from getting there on time, and he ends up taking her to that alley. They both end up in different places. Throughout the rest of the audiobook, Kit and Kosmos are going through let lines, looking for pieces of a Skin Map, and trying to find "Mina". I don't want to give the story away, but I've got to tell you that it was quite enjoyable! I highly recommend it!
I received the audiobook CDs from BookSneeze in order to facilitate my review, and the opinions expressed were my own!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a book I'd enjoy - I'm not into audiobooks much but I'll look for it to read! Thanks for the review.

JamericanSpice said...

Sounds like an interesting read/listen.
I want to do an audio book sometime. I just can't seem to take the plunge.