Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday before Christmas! Merry Christmas!!!!!

WOW, two days before Christmas! I can't quite unwind yet, and I've already taken my bedtime meds (yes, you read right, I work tonight, and have to sleep this afternoon!). I looked at my blog and thought, gosh, I haven't really posted much in the past few days----well, on others' blogs but not here on my own! I'm sure that many of you are so organized that you had your Christmas cards out at the beginning of the month, Well, I wanted to do that, too, but it didn't happen this year! I just got them all mailed out on Wednesday this week. I had two cards that had to go out of the country, one to Ontario, Canada and the other to Athens, Greece, for family and friends. I do the handwriting, then, I have to track down hubby and son to both sign.  We were so pathetic at doing cards a few years ago, that I brought them with us to WDW, and stayed in our room at Pop Century for a couple of hours signing and addressing cards on Christmas Day!!!
Ha! It had to be the latest that we ever got cards out!!

One of our Holiday WDW trips from a few years back, we were in Liberty Tree Tavern,  if I can remember correctly!
I have all sorts of faiths in my family and friends, and I know that I didn't want to address religion in my blog, but this will probably be one of the rare occasions that I do. My husband's brother and his wife are Buddhists, and we respect their decision on their faith, and they are okay with us still sending Christmas cards to them, as far as I know. I have Messianic Jews in our of my mother's sister's families, and I never know whether I should wish them Happy Hanukkah or Merry Christmas. The rest of our family and friends vary from Catholic to Episcopal, Baptist, Methodist, to name a few. I have friends who are nonbelievers, and friends of other faiths, and I respect what they feel and believe in. And, I have readers of other faiths, and I respect that, too! I may not go to church all of the time, but do try to get to the Christmas Eve services---which I'm planning to do tomorrow night.

Steven inside the tube area for picture taking at Sea World last December 26th! It was a very cold and chilly overcast day!


We are aiming to do something different for Christmas this year, and I'll post about it after the fact. If you're a twitter follower of mine, I may be posting on Sunday, so keep an eye out!! My father opted to go up to North FL for the weekend, so he won't be hanging out with us. (I did spend some time with him earlier this week, and took him to Cracker Barrel for lunch. I think that he doesn't like it so much when I pick up the check, but he paid for so many things for us kids when I was younger, so I want to help him out now.)
I can't believe that he'll be 76 on the 4th of January! Whew, that makes me feel a little old now!!
If I don't post tomorrow (Saturday), I'm wishing you all and your families a very Merry Christmas, and may you have an awesome one!!!

Love,
Barb

6 comments:

CourtneyJo of The Everything Soap Blog said...

Merry Christmas!

justexpressingmyself said...

Hope you had a Happy Merry Wonderful.
Waving at you wildly from New York

Mass Hole Mommy said...

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and if I don't talk to you before - Happy New Year!!

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I never got cards out this year either, but then again, I never intended to! LOL I hope your Christmas was fabulous!

JamericanSpice said...

I'm so bad with cards, I can't wait until e-cards catch on :) It seems it's still stigmatized :)

I hope you had a lovely Christmas!

Happy New Year!

Barb said...

Ladies, thank you! I used to be better at doing Christmas cards, when family and friends weren't so scattered around the USA and the world! I was late at getting a card to Canada to friends of ours and a card to Greece to family on my side! E-cards would truly be easier, but not all of our family is online! Christmas was decent this year, we spent a day at Sea World in Orlando! The post about it will hopefully go up late tonight, or no later than tomorrow morning.