Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Sorry for no posts in past few days!

I've been exhausted the past few days!  I ended up with a sinus infection and a headache to match, and ended up on a few days of steroids and an antibiotic. I kept dragging myself to work, though Thursday, if they could have got me coverage for my shift, I would have stayed home. I think that I laid around the house after my doctor appointment and lunch with hubby Friday afternoon. Saturday, I got a call from my Dad, and he told me that one of my uncles had died that morning. We've been expecting that it would happen in the past two weeks. He had had prostate cancer with mets.  I'll miss you, Uncle Bob!  I can still hear him from when I was younger, and my brother and I would got up to visit him and my Aunt Ina every other summer, and then go to visit my Aunt Anne and Uncle Max. They were into co-ops and trying health-oriented stuff back then. I'll never forget trying the sugar-free sno-cones that my Aunt Ina made one summer, and going to places around MD with them.

I went to an endocrinologist for the first time this morning, for a Vitamin D deficiency. The doctor asked me about why I was there, I responded that my primary had sent me. I guess that he thought that I had self-referred! I had told him about an article that I had read in a magazine months ago that had to do with a correlation between Vitamin D and restless legs syndrome and fibromyalgia. I had a low level around 25.
I unfortunately had to mention about my rising HgbA1C. I'm not sure how to put that into layman's terms, but it has to do with a measure of a blood glucose level in the life span of hemoglobin (~120 days). I ended up being placed on a diabetic med, and told to lose some weight with exercise (Julie from Momspective---I know that I keep saying that I've got to get son to teach me how to use the Wii), and to watch my diet. No blood sugar checks with lancets for now. I have some lab work due in a month.  My endocrinologist also felt what he thought was a nodule on my thyroid, and he has me getting a thyroid ultrasound this week. (Bear in mind, I went to this appointment after working last night, and after trying to get my son to school before I went there! ) I left the appointment feeling a bit overwhelmed, to say the least! I'm ok now, though! I was just tweeting with Beth from  The Angel Forever blog about diabetes recently, like, last week, and she had mentioned something about a campaign going on in November for Diabetes awareness.

BARB
Post a Comment