Monday, November 28, 2011

Holiday shopping!

We pretty much got ours out of the way for the little family of three that we are in the past month and have been using some of the items already. I'm torn between mall or specialty store shopping, and shopping online. There are many places that I love to visit and look at when we go to Orlando and look at FL Mall and Mall at Millienia. Places like Crate and Barrel (we absolutely love to look at their kitchen and pots and pans and other accessories), The Sony Store, (for techy stuff, usually way above our means! ), The Apple Store (I'm such an Apple Fangirl ---Can I say that at 49? Definitely can!) , and those are to name a few at Mall of Millienia!

 FL Mall--- well, I could stay there for hours, and get in awe of all of the lovely and enjoyable products there. We usually come in at the M& M's entrance to the mall, and the head past Harry and David's. Absolutely love buying their soup mixes! Son and hubby love their truffles!!  Then, we usually check out Williams Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, the Apple Store, and I go to Sephora and Lush. If we know that a particular friend of our is working, we stop by Teavana to say hi and to make a purchase. Then, it's off to look at the clothing stores for teen males.

There's a Best Buy in each of those mall areas, and we'll drive over to them to check out stuff that we're into: Steve- computers/ Mac products, Steven-usually found playing on and looking at mostly X-Box games and sometimes Wii, and last but not least me, Barb---I'm usually into iPhone supplies, iPad supplies, dvds and blu-rays, iPods, and music---and sometimes new audio/visual stuff.

I think that I'll be saving more next year from surveys and swag bucks and blogposts, to pay for Christmas out on non-household money or credit cards. I love the fact that you have use paypal on Walmart.com, Bestbuy.com, and Etsy!!! Seriously wish that Amazon.com would, too!

I'm big on using gift cards, especially for places that we go or places that we eat at! So much easier than throwing the item on a credit card or carrying a bunch of cash around.  I would love to know your thought and ideas on saving money during the holidays. Do you use credit card, paypal, cash, or check or debit or gift cards? Let me know in a comment.


BARB

2 comments:

ropcorn said...

Great tips you have here Barb, thank you for sharing. :-)

Well, I know it's a bit booring but I do think that to give gift cards or money is the best way to go (at least to adults). Mainly because prices always drop dramatically on most stuff the day after Christmas Eve here in Sweden. So really you get a lot more for your money by waiting until after Christmas Eve to do your actual Christmas shopping.

CourtneyJo of The Everything Soap Blog said...

I love store shopping, but have gotten very into online shopping. It's just so easy and way less stressful. I like that there aren't people to bug me {sales people} too. I take my time and find the perfect things.

Gift for me - I'm always happy with gift cards, especially to restaurants. When I'm a little low on $$, I can whip it out and treat myself. That's the best.

Last year I started a "no gift" policy with my family. Everyone was SUPER MAD at me, but this year they are really happy they are saving so much money. It was worth the dirty looks and snarls. We just give to kids and everyone else has a nice meal together and enjoys watching them open gifts.

For Jaime's side of the family I'm sending out some of my large gourmet soap packages. It's so hard to buy for them, but they all use soap :D