Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hanes Virtual Comfort Package

I'm sitting here today, thinking that it would have been my mother's 75th birthday, 10/27/11. (She passed away in '98 from what had originally been breast cancer in '85 and had metastasized to cancer of the lymph of the lung in '96.) It is very appropo that I'm doing this post on sharing information with you about Hanes' Facebook app. It's a new Facebook app in which you can share comfort, by sending a virtual Comfort Package. Hanes Pink Tab on Facebook  is where you can start creating a Virtual Comfort Package, for free, and send it to friends and family.



What I really like about this is that for every Virtual Care Package that is sent, Hanes will donate $1, up to $25, 000, to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc. That will help to promote early breast cancer detection and to help those in need get mammograms.  I went to the site Hanes Pink Tab on Facebook, and created a Virtual Comfort package for my friend Karisse, who had breast cancer herself at a young age. I added a pink t-shirt, some music and a note to her package. You can add up to 6 items, including a recipe, a video, a t-shirt, and some music.  Then, send the virtual package via Facebook. You can post about sharing this site via Facebook and spread the word to others about this fantastically awesome Virtual Care Package! This can make someone's day, and give them support and caring thoughts, letting you know that you're thinking of them!

You can also watch videos of Hanes employees who have been affected by breast cancer. I went to the Words of Comfort Wall, and posted a comment, "May we find a cure in my lifetime." It is a section where we can leave thoughts and words of encouragement for those who have been touched by this disease!

This Virtual Comfort Package is one of many  ways that Hanes contributes to breast cancer awareness, which they have been doing for a long time. And one more fact to ponder, Hanes has made cash and in-kind donations totaling $1,000,000 since 2009, and is donating up to $25,000 to NBCF this year. So, please stop at Hanes Pink Tab on Facebook, and create your own virtual comfort package to send to a friend or loved one!

BARB

Disclosure: I'm a member of the One2One Network and I was given the information in order to facilitate a post in this campaign. In posting, I am eligible for a prize drawing.  The opinions expressed in this post are my own!
Post a Comment