Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Digestive Health, Not a Taboo Topic! Member's Mark 4X Probiotic! #cbias

Digestive health is definitely a topic that I never thought that I'd discuss online, though I'm a RN and I deal with all sorts of problems with that in the geriatric population! I have had what is called irritable Bowel Syndrome for about 18.5 years. It started when I was working the 11pm to 7 am shift at a hospital back in '93. I was working crazy hours, and eating what I would now call lousy. I had begun to lose some weight, which I thought was okay, even though I was constantly walking the halls at the hospital. When the nausea and diarrhea started the kick in, I started not to feel so great. The opposite side of the bowel situation hit me, too, with bouts of constipation. I ended up having to go to a gatroenterologist for it, and he performed only the upper endoscopy procedure. Afterwards he told me that I had GERD and IBS, and I needed to watch what I ate. I think that I got a list from him on the do's and don'ts, but that was so long ago.

I thought that I could eat out with my husband back then at restaurants, but as soon as I'd ate something, I would being running to the restroom, and my food would be running out the lower end, undigested.  I got to know where restrooms where in different places, pretty much, due to what the foods would do to me! Sad, but true. I got put on Librax, but it was only a temporary fix, and that only "helped " with the abdominal cramping that would occur. I still suffer with IBS to this day, but it depends on what I've had to eat or drink, and the amount of sleep I've had. Cafffeine and fried foods really set it off.

I just started taking Member's Mark 4X Probiotic this morning, after breakfast. I hoping that I will have less bloating and a more balanced bowel system after using this for awhile. The past 18.5 years haven't exactly had a balanced bowel system for me!

There is a Twitter party going on October  5th from 9 to 10 pm EST, and you can participate and win products or gift cards. Here's the RSVP link for the Twitter Party:  Digestive Health Twitter party.

For more information and for more blog posts on digestive health, go to Digestive Health.  And here's another link for  Member's Mark 4X Probiotic


I will be giving you an update on this product and how it works for me in the upcoming weeks.

BARB
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated as a part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. The opinions expressed were my own!
Post a Comment