Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Don't Fret the Sweat!

As many of you may have read, I'm a mother to a tween, a 12 year old boy. Self esteem can be critical during that age, with their bodies changing---going through growth spurts and beginning to have body odors. The increased hormones cause some unpleasant odors, as in underarm odor!
Not to worry, there is help and information for parents and the tweens ----Unilever has an incredible resource on their site, called "Don't Fret the Sweat." They have a FAQ section, and it has some of the common questions and answers asked,  such as,  " My kid seems too young to start using deodorant. How young is too young?" (I really wish that I had known about info such as this when we had to make a decision about 3 years ago for our son to start wearing antiperspirant! Funky armpit smell made us decide back then! I know, TMI! I'm sure that he'll read this someday, and say, MOM! Why were you discussing that?)
The next section on their website has to do with expert advice from an educator, a physician, and a pediatrician. They have articles there for you to read, such as "The Science of Sweat"!
And last but not least, there is a product section where you can either view all of the products or you can use the product matchmaker to aid in finding the right product for your tween.
I have found the information from the site actually quite helpful! I had been there prior to receiving the opportunity to post about it, and I honestly can't say anything bad about it. As a mom and a RN, I learned new information from all of the info on their site to aid me in helping my son dealing with his changing body!




Here's a few links from Unilever to check out, if you want to find out more information:

Facebook link for Don't Fret the Sweat
Money saving offers,  expert tips, tools and real life stories can be found on their facebook page!

Don't Fret the Sweat website




Disclosure: I'm a member of the One2One Network. I was given the information from One2One Network in order to post information for Unilever. In participating in this blog campaign, I have the chance to win a gift card. The opinions expressed in this post are my own.



BARB
Post a Comment