Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Measurement app for the iPhone by Punflay---Review!

I recently had the opportunity to review the fun Measurement App by Pumflay for the iPhone.  It teaches kindergartners about weight, volume, and length! Ok, so I don't have any kindergartners in my household, I've got a 6th grader! But, I do love iPhone apps that can teach and are fun at the same time, and I do have friends and co-workers who have little ones! Here's a link to info about it: Measurement 
It has several learning games, such as Crazy Clock, Scale Tale, Fill Me Up, Long and Short,  and Action Months.  With Crazy Clock,  you have to put the right time on the clock with the time of day that you do that particular activity. That was cool, you moved the hands around to the correct time! Sure wish that it had been around when I was learning how to tell time years ago!
Scale Tale--with this game you had to figure out which item on the scale was heavier or lighter.
Fill Me Up-- I had fun with this one, I was scoping out this particular game on a drive over to Orlando as my husband was driving. I had to make sure that I fill the items, whether it be a bottle or a bowl correctly with the right amount. One container would get more, and the other would get less. I honestly missed on two of them!!  It took dexterity with your fingers!
Long and Short--- this one had to do with two objects, and you would have to pick which ever one they were asking for, the shorter or the longer items! It was fun, too!

The last one was the hardest one for me, Action Months!  In this game, you would have to put the flying letters on the letters for the month, in order to go onto the next month. Whew! I think that a child's little fingers would do well at this one! Me, well----- slow and difficult!!
I definitely enjoyed the experience and opportunity of reviewing the app! It is Measurement, in the iTunes App section!!! And I definitely recommend it!! It's only 99 cents right now!

Disclosure: I was given the free code for the app in order to facilitate my review. The opinions are my own!
Post a Comment