Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Year With GOD--Daily reading and Reflections on GOD's own words (Review)

I recently had the opportunity to review "A Year With GOD", written by R.P. Nettelhorst . It's an awesome devotional with daily readings and reflections on GOD's words!The scripture quotations were taken from varied versions of the Bible, from The Message, NLT, The New King James Version, Holman's, etc. There was a bible verse at the top of each page, followed by a reflection about the verse. I found it to be quite comforting, not to replace my daily bible reading, but to give me a verse and some reflection for the day.  From the introduction, "A Year With God highlights God's words to his people in the Old Testament."  It is grouped into different sections, such as Hope and Fear, Love and Hate, Perserverance and Quitting, Faith and Doubt, Loyalty and Betrayal, Companionship and Isolation, to name a few of the areas!

 The moment that I opened this daily readings book, I found it to be easy to read and understand, written on a level that the average person could relate to! I'm a fan of the Old Testament, and I really enjoyed reading the daily verses.  The different versions of the bible varied from day to day, and gave me the opportunity to read versions of the verses that I didn't necessarily have around the house. The reflections were quite interesting, too, and they definitely gave me thought for pondering  throughout my day! I started in the Hope and Fear section, and am continuing to read that section now. I seriously recommend that you give this daily readings and reflections book an opportunity the next time you are wanting to have some reflection in your daily lives!


Barb
Post a Comment