Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Whew, what a week, and it's not over yet!!!

Good evening! Posting from the phone till after Storm Chasers is finished on the dvr! We have had a long sick week in our household, and hubby and I are both exhausted!! Alesha, I know that I can't totally relate to what you go through on a daily basis with Ike and especially when he's sick, my hat's off to you!!
This week, our son who's 11, almost 12, started in with a fever of 103.3 on Monday evening. We started with trying to get the fever down that night before I had to go to work---as a night-shift RN in a nursing home. Hubby took Tuesday off to take son to the pediatrician. Found out that son had a bilateral ear infection ( both ears, for the non-medical!!) and a sinus infection. Big guy took care of little guy while I slept that day, and I worked Tuesday night. I came home to son still running a fever Wednesday, still. So, I helped with cough syrup and Tylenol or ibuprofen, and I proceeded to doze off on the sofa.
I woke up to the sound of son coughing, like he was going to cough up a hairball or something. I called our scheduler at work to see if she could get someone to cover for me, since I really needed to take care of my son.
I ended up getting her to cover Thursday night, too, and I am using some vacay days to cover those hours for pay.
I went through countless nebulizer treatments, bugging son to drink fluids & eat, take mucinex and Tylenol or ibuprofen when needed. We, being hubby and I, took son back to pediatrician this afternoon, after speaking with her on the phone today. His temp wasn't staying down and we didn't know what else to do. The doctor switched his antibiotic from Augmentin tabs to what is known as a Z-pak! He also got another diagnosis, bronchitis. Arrrrrrggghhhh! Still xopenex nebulizer treatments, mucus-busting meds, and Tylenol/ ibuprofen!!!!
All the while this week, we've picked up homework and assignments twice from school for him, trying to stay caught up.
I've battled head congestion for about 3 weeks now and hubby's starting to feel cruddy! We're all asthmatics, too! Lovely, eh?

Barb


- Posted using BlogPress from my phone!!!!
Post a Comment