Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

just a quick one!

I know, I'm posting when I should be sleeping! I'm a night nurse (RN) , and I can never seem to get to bed on my work days till around 1 p.m.!! Between trying to make sure that DS11 does the chores that my husband wants him to do while DS is staying home this year from summer day camp, and getting laundry done & take care of the birds----my mornings are full!
We decided to save about $700 this summer and have son stay home from  summer day camp, since he was starting to show more responsibility. Last year, we couldn't have trusted him not to be by himself for more than an hour in the house alone. This year, he's staying home for at least 1 to 2 hours a morning by himself, especially the days when I work late and get home around 8:30 a.m.! He's been occupying himself by doing his karate routines, playing on the computer, watching tv, playing Wii, riding the stationary bike, jumping rope, and reading books.

This summer, he started reading the Hardy Boys series----we found out a couple of months ago that the RTN Channel (reruns!!!!) plays the old Hardy Boys/ Nancy Drew shows from the late 70's!!!!! Steven loves them!!!  I used to watch them when I was in high school, I had crushes on both Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy!!!! Shaun was my favorite!!! Son actually looks forward to each Sunday night or Monday morning (depending on if we dvr it!!) to watching the show!!

Any thoughts to any other chapter books for an 11 year old boy to read???
Post a Comment